Friday 1 August 2014

Four Days Until RELEASE DAY!

Hello everyone, 

As some of you may know (since I have been banging on about it, just a little bit!) it is now only four days until the release of my new novella, The Bucket List! I don't know about you, but I'm certainly counting down. 



The Bucket List started out life as a short story, inspired by a trip I took to an Asian in supermarket in Glasgow at the start of last summer. (My partner and I now shop there regularly.) I know a supermarket isn't a location that immediately springs to mind when thinking about possible settings for MM erotic romances, but I wanted to test myself and play around a little, to try to see what my characters would do and how they would move forward from an initial meeting over the fruit and veg.

I really enjoyed writing this story. It really did take me on a journey (hence it is now a 30K word novella and not a short story anymore) and I really hope it does the same to you. 

On August 5th, I will be able to share Kade and Blake's story with you all. For now, I can share the cover and the blurb, and tell you that you'll be able to grab your copy at Loose-Id's website and all other good ebook retailers.


Blurb
When Kade Doherty gets dumped, he expects sympathy from his friends. Instead, he gets a bucket list. His friends want to help him enjoy life again, but Kade isn’t convinced a list of outlandish leisure pursuits will help much with that. To keep the peace he goes along with the plan and in the process, he meets Blake. Blake’s Australian accent and surfer-boy looks are the stuff of sexual fantasies and Kade surprises everyone – including himself – when he wastes no time making a move.

Kade goes with Blake into the Scottish highlands, but just as he is beginning to get used to life with his very own Mr. Australia, reality comes knocking. Kade’s newfound happiness falls apart when his abusive ex demands they meet. Blake senses something is wrong and he wants to help, but Kade knows he can’t confide in Blake.

After all, Kade hasn’t exactly been honest. He might feel like a different man when he’s with Blake, but Kade knows he’s still just an accountant from Glasgow with slight obsessive compulsions and a bucket list that someone else wrote. He knows Blake won’t hang around, let alone help, when he finds out the truth.


Or will he?



Douglas Black
Novel
ISBN:978-1-62300-067-7
Genre:LGBTTQ, Contemporary 
Cover Artist:Valerie Tibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment